Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hbase with hive integration error

Hbase with hive integration error

Contributor

I have created following table in hive.emp Table is created in HBASE but when i click emp table in hbasemasterurl it is showing below error.

Create table statement:

CREATETABLEhbase_table_emp(idint,namestring,rolestring) STOREDBY'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITHSERDEPROPERTIES("hbase.columns.mapping"=":key,cf1:name,cf1:role") TBLPROPERTIES("hbase.table.name"="emp1");

Error:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: emp1
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:1139)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:1001)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:958)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:251)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:155)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:129)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.table_jsp._jspService(table_jsp.java:69)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1221)
	at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer$QuotingInputFilter.doFilter(HttpServer.java:835)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hbase with hive integration error

The table name you have created is "emp" but you are looking for "emp1" seems. Can you check once.

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: emp1

Contributor

I mentioned wrong table name in original post.Now is it modified but still facing error is same

Can you check from HBase shell whether it's present or not and able to scan it?

Contributor

1)when i use list command it is showing and also in hbase url it is showing but i am not able to perform scan operation

Can you check the table regions in transition or not assigned from master UI? Would be helpful if you give the error message you are seeing with scan?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi Vamsi,

In this case you have to check following things.

1. First check the column names are matching between Hive table columns and base "hbase.columns.mapping"=":key,cf1:name,cf1:role".

2. If column names are matching exactly but still facing issue means just once create table inside one database and try.

I think it will work.

Thanks!

New Contributor

@ Mahesh am using cloudera quickstart it's worked for me after creating table inside database in Hive.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here