Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hello All, I am new to phoenix. i need to write the data from phoenix to hbase. is the phoenix is having it's own api or it's using hbase api to write the data ???

Hello All, I am new to phoenix. i need to write the data from phoenix to hbase. is the phoenix is having it's own api or it's using hbase api to write the data ???

Super Collaborator

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hello All, I am new to phoenix. i need to write the data from phoenix to hbase. is the phoenix is having it's own api or it's using hbase api to write the data ???

Hi Subhash, Phoenix automatically writes the data to HBase using HBase internal APIs like put, deletes. You should run upsert or delete queries from phoenix.

Re: Hello All, I am new to phoenix. i need to write the data from phoenix to hbase. is the phoenix is having it's own api or it's using hbase api to write the data ???

Super Collaborator

Hi Rajeshbabu,

Thanks for replying my question. my requirement is little bit different. i need to load data from mulesoft. currently we are using hbase api's to load data. now we are planning to install phoenix on our cluster. is phoenix support api to load data from mulesoft ??

@Subhash,

I think currently there is no Phoenix connector for mulesoft. You can contact with mulesoft forums regarding that.

Can you export the mulesoft data as CSV? You can use Phoenix Bulkloader to load it into Phoenix. This would be the preferred way to load large amounts of data into Phoenix tables

https://phoenix.apache.org/bulk_dataload.html

You can also use UPSERT commands directly as suggested however that will not be as fast and you need to implement some program that reads from Mulesoft and runs the UPSERT commands through the Phoenix JDBC driver.

You can also use the Pig-> Phoenix connector if you can access the mulesoft data in Pig.

And lastly you can built a Phoenix table on top of an HBase table using a View

https://phoenix.apache.org/faq.html#How_I_map_Phoenix_table_to_an_existing_HBase_table

Guru

Phoenix has a JDBC driver. Try setting up a generic DB connector in Mulesoft )https://docs.mulesoft.com/mule-user-guide/v/3.6/database-connector). The pointing that at Phoenix. As long as you are not trying to run unsupported query expressions, you should be able to write to Phoenix as it was just another RDBMS.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here