Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hello..I am installing HDP but my laptop got hang every time my installation reached here(in the pic I attached). plz help me.. I have 4 GB RAM and 64bit operating system.

Highlighted

Hello..I am installing HDP but my laptop got hang every time my installation reached here(in the pic I attached). plz help me.. I have 4 GB RAM and 64bit operating system.

New Contributor

3451-nnhnhnn.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hello..I am installing HDP but my laptop got hang every time my installation reached here(in the pic I attached). plz help me.. I have 4 GB RAM and 64bit operating system.

New Contributor

Hi Inam,

The Hortonworks Sandbox requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM to function properly (10+GB preferred).

http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Import_on_Vbox_3_1_2016.pdf

"RAM - At least 8 GB of RAM (The more, the better) If you wish to enable services such as Ambari, HBase, Storm, Kafka, or Spark please ensure you have at least 10 Gb of physical RAM in order to run the VM using 8 GB."

Re: Hello..I am installing HDP but my laptop got hang every time my installation reached here(in the pic I attached). plz help me.. I have 4 GB RAM and 64bit operating system.

Super Guru
@Inam Ur Rehman

Try older version of Sandbox. maybe 2.1/2.2 ? Check minimum hardware required page before downloading.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here