Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hello..I am new to hadoop.. I Installed vm virtualbox and import HDP . 1st it was running perfectly but after few minuts my pc got hang i hv to shut it down and when I start it again it is giving me error.

Hello..I am new to hadoop.. I Installed vm virtualbox and import HDP . 1st it was running perfectly but after few minuts my pc got hang i hv to shut it down and when I start it again it is giving me error.

New Contributor
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hello..I am new to hadoop.. I Installed vm virtualbox and import HDP . 1st it was running perfectly but after few minuts my pc got hang i hv to shut it down and when I start it again it is giving me error.

Super Guru

Inam Ur Rehman

Looks like disk issue. Can you please run fsck for problematic partition in maintenance mode and see if it fixes your issu

Highlighted

Re: Hello..I am new to hadoop.. I Installed vm virtualbox and import HDP . 1st it was running perfectly but after few minuts my pc got hang i hv to shut it down and when I start it again it is giving me error.

New Contributor

I have done chkdsk but the problem is still not reloving :(

@Inam Ur Rehman

You can try entering root password on the prompt and just execute below command -

#fsck -y -p

once completed reboot the system.

New Contributor

where I enter this password?

@Inam Ur Rehman if its a fresh install, just destroy this vm and reimport. Next time try to shutdown gracefully the vm

New Contributor

Ok.. Plz tell me one more thing why my pc hangs when I click start after importing HDP?

Please check your memory and cpu configurations of imported HDP instance. Make sure you have free memory for your local system. Also check your HDD size.

Super Collaborator

@Inam Ur Rehman

HDP2.4 sandbox is configured to have 8GB or memory and 4 CPUs .

To run a VM your host system should have sufficient memory and CPUs , if you assign all 8GB memory of you host machine to a VM then you would observe host machine hung issue when starting/running the VM .

It can be possible that you can modify the HDP vm configuration so that you host machine could have enough memory.

Got to settings of the VM(while it is powered off state) and modify the memory and CPU so that not all memory and CPU of your laptop are allotted of one VM , then try to start and see if it successfully starts.

http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Import_on_Vbox_3_1_2016.pdf