Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Help !! Kerberos Tickets getting lost in Hadoop HortonWorks

Help !! Kerberos Tickets getting lost in Hadoop HortonWorks

Explorer

Dear Community,

I have configured Hadoop cluster with kerberos (Active Directory) then when I tried to browse hdfs I got this 

[root@server ~]# hdfs dfs -ls /
20/02/07 16:45:05 WARN ipc.Client: Exception encountered while connecting to the server : org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate via:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]
ls: DestHost:destPort server:8020 , LocalHost:localPort luapp700.lu.ema.ad.pwcinternal.com/10.48.142.29:0. Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate via:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]

So I have added this :

kinit -kt /etc/security/keytabs/hdfs.headless.keytab hdfs-analytics_hadoop@REALM.COM

and everything is ok

However, after doing some tests and using the platform I observed that this getting lost and root could not browse the hdfs so I have to set the ticket again!!

P.S : same behaviour with AD user, i should register the user ticket every time in order to be able to browse hdfs

Am I missing something please??

May I regenerate Keytab from ambari ?

Please help ^^

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here