Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Help me find my misconfiguration

Highlighted

Help me find my misconfiguration

New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm new to Hadoop. I'm managing a legacy system and can't work out how it's configured.

I'm trying to run a Hadoop MR job inside a Docker container, but it behaves differently than when it's outside a container. Inside the container, it fails with:

19/03/06 19:22:47 INFO mapreduce.Cluster: Failed to use org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalClientProtocolProvider due to error: Invalid "mapreduce.jobtracker.address" configuration value for LocalJobRunner : "hadoop-prod01:8021"

This made me think that maybe it should be configured with mapreduce.framework.name=yarn. The thing is, in the debug logs outside the container, I see no evidence of yarn (nor does mapred-site.xml show any sign of it). Moreover, even the messages of the form "mapreduce.Cluster: Trying ClientProtocolProvider ..." don't appear there, so I can't tell what it's trying to do.

Both versions of Hadoop are the same (2.0.0-cdh4.2.1) and the config files in /etc/hadoop are identical. Clearly I've got something misconfigured, but I don't even know where to start.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Help me find my misconfiguration

New Contributor

Okay, seems related to this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1464

But I don't understand how to install both Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.2.1 and Hadoop 2.0 (if that's what he's saying).