Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hi All, I am trying to execute wordcount program but i am getting permission denied error.I have mentioned error in description.

Hi All, I am trying to execute wordcount program but i am getting permission denied error.I have mentioned error in description.

New Contributor

ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:training (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Hi All, I am trying to execute wordcount program but i am getting permission denied error.I have mentioned error in description.

New Contributor

Hi All, will anybody help me on this??

Re: Hi All, I am trying to execute wordcount program but i am getting permission denied error.I have mentioned error in description.

Expert Contributor

@Akash Dixit

Suppose below answer won't resolve, please share detailed error for troubleshoot.

Expert Contributor

@Akash Dixit

This is most probably a permission issue. There are two ways to solve it. You can disable permission in hdfs-site.xml

<property>  
   <name>dfs.permissions</name>
<value>false</value>
</property>

Or either you can give write permission to user 'training' in hadoop. Please accept the answer you found most useful.

New Contributor

Hi Jagadeesan,

First of all Thanks a lot for your response. I have encountered an error with eclipse due to which i am not able to open my .java files. As soon as this error is resolved, i will try the methods provided by you and also will let you know.

Regards,

Akash

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here