Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hi All, Why my HostStackVersions state is out of sync for some node in cluster. While deploying cluster using blueprint.

Contributor

Hi All,
I am deploying HDF cluster using blueprint but some host in the cluster has OUT_OF_SYNC HostStackVersions state. Is there any way So I can fix components will only install when all host has the same HostStackVersions state.

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma is there any API call to sync HostStackVersions state?

Master Mentor

@Vivek Singh

Once the Blueprint based cluster deployment begins then we do not have much control to change anything during that period of cluster creation.

However if you are noticing that some of the hosts are keep showing the OUT_OF_SYNC HostStackVersions then there may be some binary packages already installed on those hosts or the host cleanup might not be performed on those hosts prior to upgrade. Or was the Ambari DB Clean prior to the blueprint based cluster setup?

However if we want to know exact reason on why the HostStackVersions is changing to OUT_OF_SYNC then it will require some investigation.

Like following:

1. Checking the whole ambari-server.log (during blueprint based cluster deployment)

2. Checking the complete ambari-agent.log on the hosts where the installation is failing.

3. Was the Ambari DB Clean prior to the blueprint based cluster setup? ... etc

4. It might be also a good odea to check the blueprint.json and clustermaping.json file. With exact Ambari API commands to find out if any thing is wrong there.

Master Mentor

@Vivek Singh

This looks like a Duplicate Thread of : https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/247738/how-to-sync-all-host-use-the-same-hdf-version.htm...

Please close one of the thread so that the discussion can be consolidated as part of a single thread..