Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hi All,actually we have totally 7 nodes in production cluster.now we need to migrate to HORTONWORKS. please tell me the easiest and safest way to migrate from plain apache vanilla to HORTONWORK distribution on Ubuntu OS.

Hi All,actually we have totally 7 nodes in production cluster.now we need to migrate to HORTONWORKS. please tell me the easiest and safest way to migrate from plain apache vanilla to HORTONWORK distribution on Ubuntu OS.

New Contributor

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Hi All,actually we have totally 7 nodes in production cluster.now we need to migrate to HORTONWORKS. please tell me the easiest and safest way to migrate from plain apache vanilla to HORTONWORK distribution on Ubuntu OS.

From the legacy Hortonworks Professional Services team, we would call this an Ambari Takeover. I'm not sure if there is a formal documented procedure available on the web, but our support and or consulting teams could help with this. Here's an article I found with a few seconds of googling about this concept in general; http://www.adaltas.com/en/2018/11/15/hadoop-cluster-takeover-with-apache-ambari/.

Good luck & happy Hadooping!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here