Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hi, I need to perform a visualizations using Ambari. I have a dummy data with me and a 3D graph that i am trying to plot. please help. what all graphs we have in Ambari?

Highlighted

Hi, I need to perform a visualizations using Ambari. I have a dummy data with me and a 3D graph that i am trying to plot. please help. what all graphs we have in Ambari?

New Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hi, I need to perform a visualizations using Ambari. I have a dummy data with me and a 3D graph that i am trying to plot. please help. what all graphs we have in Ambari?

The Ambari visuals are typically used for monitoring metrics collected by Ambari. Bringing in external data is not the intent of the visuals with Ambari Metrics. I would consider either using the new Hive View in HDP 2.4 that you can access in Ambari to visualize your dummy data. You can put that dummy data in a Hive table and then use the Ambari Hive View to visual that data. A second option would be to use Zeppelin and you can bring that dummny data into a Spark data frame.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin-hdp-2-4/

Re: Hi, I need to perform a visualizations using Ambari. I have a dummy data with me and a 3D graph that i am trying to plot. please help. what all graphs we have in Ambari?

Here is a good sample to work from: https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/notebooks/aHR0cHM6Ly9yYXcuZ2l0aHVidXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2hvcnRvbnd...

Put your Raw_data1.txt into hadoop

%sh
hadoop fs -put Raw_data1.txt /tmp/Raw_data1.txt

Create a data set

val dataset=sc.textFile("/tmp/Raw_data1.txt")

Define your schema and create a table

case class MyData (Users:  String, City: String, Library:String) 
val  = mydata.map(k=>k.split(",")).map(
    k => MyData( k(0),k(1),k(2) )

mydata.toDF().registerTempTable("raw_table")

Create your query and visualize it

%sql
select sum(Users), City, Library
from raw_table
group by City, Library

New Contributor

raw-data-and-sample-graph.zip@ccasano ,Hi Ccasano, thanks for your response.

let us assume that the data is already present in Ambari Visualization I want to represent my data in the graphical format.

Please see the attached files for better explanation of what I am trying to do.

in the scenario,

It has three columns:

1.Users

2.City

3.Library

So I am looking to plot the graph that says:

Example 1:

I have total 55 users from Pune city that go to three libraries.

20 in library_A

20 in library_B

And 15 in library_C.

New Contributor

@ccasano please help

Guru

Take a look at pivot chart in zeppelin. Your chart is very easy to get in zeppelin using that. You can explore other visualizations as well in zeppelin.

New Contributor

Hi Gunnidhi,

you can query all three columns and use color column feature in Advanced visualization to make it 3d.