Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hi all, can you please help me or guide me how to resolve this issue on my ambari hive view? When i go to Hive View i dont see any database even i create database via query nothing happen.

Highlighted

Hi all, can you please help me or guide me how to resolve this issue on my ambari hive view? When i go to Hive View i dont see any database even i create database via query nothing happen.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Hi all, can you please help me or guide me how to resolve this issue on my ambari hive view? When i go to Hive View i dont see any database even i create database via query nothing happen.

Mentor

Check your Hive is up and Application Timeline Server, it can't open because it can't communicate with either.

Highlighted

Re: Hi all, can you please help me or guide me how to resolve this issue on my ambari hive view? When i go to Hive View i dont see any database even i create database via query nothing happen.

Mentor

Can you check this guide for all correct properties http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_hadoop-high-availability/content/ch_HA-Hi... you're getting zookeeper errors.

Highlighted

@Harold Allen Badilla

Share the stack trace from the error for detailed info.

Highlighted

Hi @Sindhu,

where can i find that "stack trace"?

Highlighted

Hi @Artem Ervits,

Thank you for your quick response. can you guide how to that? im new on this technology. i recently assign to this to explore. im following some guides but this error alert stops me .

12580-ambari-hive-view-error2.jpg

Highlighted

Mentor

Please share the error log in /var/log/hive for hiveserver2

Highlighted

i cant paste here my logs dont know why

Mentor

Attach as file or paste as answer, you're probably hitting limit

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*

hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

if ambari running as root put this configuration in custom core-site in HDFS config

su - hdfs
hadoop fs -mkdir /user/admin
hadoop fs -chown admin:hadoop /user/admin

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/_configuring_...