Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hi guys! I am planning to set up a cluster using ambari: I some help on how to set it up

Contributor

Goals: Set up set up hadoop with 7 vms.

1 for ambari server

1 for masternode or namenode

1 for resourcemanager

1 for secondarynamenode

3 for datanodes Id like to ask for some help how to setup it up and what services should I install in each servers.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi Lunesa,

As you mentioned, you can use 1 server for Ambari Operation Server. 3 Servers for Master Services and 3 for DataNode and Node Manager.

If you are planning to setup HA for NameNode and Resource Manager and installing core Hadoop services then you can use a similar model, You can add one more server, in case if you need standalone Ambari views or server for all Hadoop clients.

I am planning to use below model to setup sandbox environment.

• Server 1. Ambari Server
  • Server 2. Active NameNode, Standby Resource Manager, Journal Node, Zookeeper Server, ZKFailoverController.
  • Server 3. Standby NameNode, Active Resource Manager, History Server, App Timeline Server, Journal Node, Zookeeper Server, ZKFailoverController.
  • Server 4. HiveServe2, Hive Metastore, JournalNode, Zookeeper Server, WebHcat Server etc.
  • Server 5. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 6. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 7. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 8: Standalone Ambari Views Server and all Hadoop Clients (Clients like HDFS, Hive etc). (Additional Server)

Explore Hortonworks documents on how to setup Ambari and HDP cluster: https://docs.hortonworks.com/

Thanks,

Dhiraj.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Hi Lunesa,

As you mentioned, you can use 1 server for Ambari Operation Server. 3 Servers for Master Services and 3 for DataNode and Node Manager.

If you are planning to setup HA for NameNode and Resource Manager and installing core Hadoop services then you can use a similar model, You can add one more server, in case if you need standalone Ambari views or server for all Hadoop clients.

I am planning to use below model to setup sandbox environment.

• Server 1. Ambari Server
  • Server 2. Active NameNode, Standby Resource Manager, Journal Node, Zookeeper Server, ZKFailoverController.
  • Server 3. Standby NameNode, Active Resource Manager, History Server, App Timeline Server, Journal Node, Zookeeper Server, ZKFailoverController.
  • Server 4. HiveServe2, Hive Metastore, JournalNode, Zookeeper Server, WebHcat Server etc.
  • Server 5. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 6. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 7. DataNode, NodeManager and other slave components.
  • Server 8: Standalone Ambari Views Server and all Hadoop Clients (Clients like HDFS, Hive etc). (Additional Server)

Explore Hortonworks documents on how to setup Ambari and HDP cluster: https://docs.hortonworks.com/

Thanks,

Dhiraj.