Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hi, my ambari, doesnot change it's ip address, though i tried to change it to hosts to other address.

Hi, my ambari, doesnot change it's ip address, though i tried to change it to hosts to other address.

New Contributor

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi, my ambari, doesnot change it's ip address, though i tried to change it to hosts to other address.

@Simon Waligo

Do you have multi homing configured in the host?

Make sure that 'hostname -i' returns the new ip. Post that once restart the ambari-agent and check if the new ip is reflecting.

Highlighted

Re: Hi, my ambari, doesnot change it's ip address, though i tried to change it to hosts to other address.

New Contributor

Hey Sandeep, i tried all that, but my results didn' t change. It still does the same thing.

#vi /etc/hosts

# File is generated from /sandbox/gen-hosts.sh

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs

# that require network functionality will fail.

This is what it brings when i configure the new ip address.

Mentor

@Simon Waligo

Can you briefly explain your environment? If it's a sandbox see attached screenshot Go to adapter 2 and change it to Bridged and attach the connect network adapter restart the sandbox and run

# ifconfig 

You should see a new IP attributed to your sandbox else try the host-only adapter which will automatically choose the best adapter for you always restart the sandbox to validate.

If you can modify the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and enable DNS instead of STATIC

HTH

ip-ambari.png
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here