Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive Connection Pool Kerberos Issue

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I created a Hive Connection Pool and am able to successfully connect and query tables in Hive. But every few minutes i am getting this errors. any idea why.??

this is causing a big problem and my hive processing are hanging without any error..and because of that (i think) there are many putHiveQL processes hanging forever..

1. How to solve this renew Kerberos error..?

2. How to i clear all these unresponsive processes.? i tried to stop but they wouldnt..

Regards,

Sai

24381-hivekerberos.jpg

24382-puthql.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Wynner,

i am running on 1.1 and i fixed these 2 issues..

fixed the Kerberos error by using only one Kerberos principal across many connections, earlier i used some connections as NiFi and some as my id..i think it was getting confused some where and throwing errors..once i changed all to use nifi id it is working fine.

Only way i could clear hung processes are changing a setting in Ambari to not to pick the files when nifi restarts and restarting NiFi. i couldn't find anyother way..

Regards,

Sai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Saikrishna Tarapareddy

What is the version of NiFi?

Super Collaborator

Hi @Wynner,

i am running on 1.1 and i fixed these 2 issues..

fixed the Kerberos error by using only one Kerberos principal across many connections, earlier i used some connections as NiFi and some as my id..i think it was getting confused some where and throwing errors..once i changed all to use nifi id it is working fine.

Only way i could clear hung processes are changing a setting in Ambari to not to pick the files when nifi restarts and restarting NiFi. i couldn't find anyother way..

Regards,

Sai