Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive Metastore, HiveServer2 and WebHCat Server failed to start

Hive Metastore, HiveServer2 and WebHCat Server failed to start

New Contributor
I´m getting the following error:
-------------------------
* stderr:   /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-1251.txt

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/source.py", line 195, in get_content
 raise Fail("Failed to download file from {0} due to HTTP error: {1}".format(self.url, str(ex)))
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Failed to download file from http://hadoopcetax04.cetax.com:8080/resources//oracle-jdbc-driver.jar due to HTTP error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

-------------------------
I know that Ambari install automatically Mysql and Postgresql, but I do not have sure about Oracle. Is this error related to a nonexistent Oracle db? I´m already checked the hostnames and it is ok and my Python version is 2.7.5.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hive Metastore, HiveServer2 and WebHCat Server failed to start

Mentor

@Daniela Iwassa

You should start by logging on the hadoopcetax04.cetax.com server and check if an oracle instance is running

ps -ef | grep ora 
And remember to kill all oracle related processes on the above server. 
Kill -9 $PID

Secondly Ambari automatically installs postgresql / derby database but not MySQL. To install Oracle,MySQL or MSSQL you have to run a specific configuration setup. if you intend to force a Ambari to use MySQL then follow the attached document. Make sure you have MySQL is installed by checking and reinstall if the later wasn't installed

New Contributor

@sheltong

I checked if oracle is running on the hadoopcetax04.cetax.com and it seems like it isn't installed. I will follow your manual to force Ambari to use Mysql and try to start Hive again.

Thanks for the reply and manual. :)

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

It worked perfectly!! Thanks again.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here