Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive Metastore error when start of HDP Sandbox 2.5 in VirtualBox ,Hivetutorial-730

Highlighted

Hive Metastore error when start of HDP Sandbox 2.5 in VirtualBox ,Hivetutorial-730

Contributor

Hi,

When I downloade the Sandbox 2.5 for VirtualBox some of the services is not starting because of errors.

There is allocated 14 gb ram and 6 processer and running VitrualBox on a Win8 machine. By the way HDP2.4 is working perfetly.

8689-fails.png

The first error is cause by "Failed to get schema version" in hive metastore.

8687-hivemetastore.png

Have anyone succeed in getting the 2.5 Sandbox VirtualBox to work?

Are there any plan for getting HortonWorks 2.5 in Azure soon?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Hive Metastore error when start of HDP Sandbox 2.5 in VirtualBox ,Hivetutorial-730

Super Collaborator

Hi @Anders Boje Larsen , we have neven seen this but can you please check whether your mysql server is up and running. Just type

service mysqld status

If it is stopped, type

service mysqld start

Then restart Hive from Ambari, if you still get the same issue, please follow this thread:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/15136/orgapachehadoophivemetastorehivemetaexception-fail...

Highlighted

Re: Hive Metastore error when start of HDP Sandbox 2.5 in VirtualBox ,Hivetutorial-730

Contributor

Hi,

Everything is working as it should on VMWare. So that will be the solution for me

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Were you able to resolve this on the oracle virtual box?

Expert Contributor

This happened because your mysql database got corrupted, I had this same thing happen,

I got this error.

Could not open or create the system tablespace. If you tried to add new data files to the system tablespace, and it failed here, you should now edit innodb_data_file_path in my.cnf back to what it was, and remove the new ibdata files InnoDB created in this failed attempt. InnoDB only wrote those files full of zeros, but did not yet use them in any way. But be careful: do not remove old data files which contain your precious data!

Once i removed and re-installed the sandbox from scratch, there were no errors and hive started normally.

Alternatively you could uninstall mysql and re-install it. If you already had data in Hive, then backup a copy of your metastore and when you re-install mysql then restore your backup into the new version of mysql.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here