Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive Tez with llap query fail

Highlighted

Hive Tez with llap query fail

New Contributor

When I run beeline from the command line in the 10500 port, I am not able to execute queries that uses count(*), group by, order by. I'm getting the following error:

2019-09-12 16:00:42,774 [INFO] [main] |service.AbstractService|: Service org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster failed in state INITED
org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezUncheckedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.TaskCommunicatorManager.createCustomTaskCommunicator(TaskCommunicatorManager.java:215)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.TaskCommunicatorManager.createTaskCommunicator(TaskCommunicatorManager.java:184)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.TaskCommunicatorManager.<init>(TaskCommunicatorManager.java:152)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster.createTaskCommunicatorManager(DAGAppMaster.java:1163)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster.serviceInit(DAGAppMaster.java:536)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:164)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster$9.run(DAGAppMaster.java:2662)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1730)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster.initAndStartAppMaster(DAGAppMaster.java:2659)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster.main(DAGAppMaster.java:2464)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.apache.tez.dag.app.TaskCommunicatorManager.createCustomTaskCommunicator(TaskCommunicatorManager.java:213)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:159)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.llap.tezplugins.LlapTaskCommunicator.<init>(LlapTaskCommunicator.java:165)
... 16 more

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on with my cluster?

I'm using an HDP 3.1 Kerberized cluster. About execution modes, I defined as follows:

Advanced hive-interactive-site:

hive.execution.mode=llap
hive.llap.execution.mode=all (even with "only" the error continues)

Advanced hive-site:

hive.execution.mode=container

I need LLAP in my cluster once I am configuring it to be used by multiples users at the same time. If there is someone who encounters the same problem, please, let me know. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here