Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive View 2.0 : Statistics not supported for partitioned table in Hive Server version lesser than 2.1. Your current Hive Server version is 1.2

Highlighted

Hive View 2.0 : Statistics not supported for partitioned table in Hive Server version lesser than 2.1. Your current Hive Server version is 1.2

Expert Contributor

Hi Team,

We are getting below error when clicking on Statistics tab in Hive View for partitioned table. 

image.png

I found one bug which seems to be relevant but this is already resolved in 2.5.0. Ambari version which I am using is 2.6.2.2. Hive view 2.0.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-20113

Any help on this issue.

Regards,

Shyam

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Hive View 2.0 : Statistics not supported for partitioned table in Hive Server version lesser than 2.1. Your current Hive Server version is 1.2

Super Mentor

@shyamshaw 
Hive LLAP uses Hive 2.x, So please check if you have enabled the LLAP interactive query in order to get the statistics for the partition table.

Also can you please verify if you have "Interactive Mode" is enabled for the Hive View ?

Ambari UI --> Manage Ambari --> Views --> Hive > Hive View 2.0

Find the "Settings" section, and verify if the "Interactive Mode" is set to "true" or not?

If not then can you try to set it to "true" and then hard refresh the browser and then try again.

Re: Hive View 2.0 : Statistics not supported for partitioned table in Hive Server version lesser than 2.1. Your current Hive Server version is 1.2

Expert Contributor

@jsensharma Thank you for your response.

please check if you have enabled the LLAP interactive query in order to get the statistics for the partition table : I have configured HiveServer2 Interactive but how can I verify whether it is being enabled to get the statistics for the partition table.

"Interactive Mode" was set to "false" and I changed it to "trueand did hard refresh of the browser but still the same issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here