Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive View Error - Error validating the login with PAM

Hive View Error - Error validating the login with PAM

New Contributor

Hi guys,

I set up PAM authentication for Hive and I configured PAM to read OS users. So, from beeline I am able to connect using valid credentials.

The problem is when I try to connect to Hive View from Ambari. It asks me for Hive passwords and I enter the correct password, but it doesn't work.

In order to give you a brief overview of my config, I have:

hive.server2.authentication = PAM

and:

hive.server2.authentication.pam.services=login,sshd

And, when I try to open Hive View from Ambari, I get the following error:

Service Hive check failed:
org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.internal.ConnectionException: Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://<host1>:2181,<host2>:2181,<host3>:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2-hive2;hive.server2.proxy.user=test_user

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport for any of the Server URI's in ZooKeeper: Peer indicated failure: Error validating the login

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Hive View Error - Error validating the login with PAM

Contributor

Hi @Ivan Diaz

Unfortunately, as of Ambari 2.6.2.2 / HDP 2.6.5.0, whilst both Ambari and Hive support PAM authentication the Ambari Hive View does not support this authentication scheme. It is a feature that is being looked at for a future release but there is no timescale at present.