Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hive alerts

Explorer

HIVE Check

Message: Cannot open a hive connection with connect string jdbc:hive2://c7301.ambari.apache.org:2181,c7302.ambari.apache.org:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2;hive.server2.proxy.user=admin

6 REPLIES 6

Mentor

@Olufemi Babalola

Can you give the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the zookeepers server you seem to have 2 and the recommended is 3.

These 2 hostsc7301.ambari.apache.org:2181,c7302.ambari.apache.org:2181 look wrong to me.

Explorer

Due to laptop RAM. I have two VM's running in VirtualBox.

c7301.ambari.apache.org:8080

Mentor

@Olufemi Babalola

How much RAM do you have on your host machine? The HDP preconfigured sandbox is a good solution if you can allocate the sandbox not less than 8GB. Its ready to go and a superb alternative for learning purposes. You can download the later HDP for VirtualBox or VMware version from here

And the sandbox-tutorial for the setup issues and solution under HADOOP ADMINISTRATION-----Hortonworks Sandbox

Did you follow some official doc for the above installation?

Explorer

I recently upgrade to 16 RAM. My work so far is based following instructions from my college professor

Explorer

can I have your phone # to speak directly with you?

Mentor

@Olufemi Babalola

I am not conversant with Vagrant, with a 16 Box laptop you can unfortunately only run 1 HDP standalone cluster, having 2 would consume all the resource and they won't even startup as the host OS needs also RAM.

For sure you could allocate 10 GB to the HDP and leave 8 GB for your host machine. You could build a cluster on AWS for your class work it isn't that expensive according to the hourly charges. It's 1 pm
here in Switzerland

; ;