Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive hangs at kill job command.

Hive hangs at kill job command.

New Contributor

Hi,

I am using CDH 5.2. I have a single node setup of cloudera. I am trying to retrive a single column from a table in hive database using hive editor in Hue web interface. When I fire the query, the job hangs, and does not proceed to map reduce. 

Please note that, there is no error logged in any of the log files (Node manager log, Resource Manager log or hive log). There are just INFO and warning messages.

I am using hiveserver2 on port 17000.

Command I am trying to execute - select emp_id from emp3;

Screenshot of the Hue Log -

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hive hangs at kill job command.

New Contributor

I have the same problem. Have you figured it out yet? I really need help.

New Contributor

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same problem on a single node cluster.  The query starts to execute, but then hangs at the "Kill Command."  

New Contributor

I was finally able to get this to work by increasing the yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb value from 1 GB (the default) to 6 GB.  Apparently this is a resource issue, but there are no warnings that I could find that state this clearly.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Can you tell where to find and change yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb property? Facing the same issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here