Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive hive.exec.parallel property

Solved Go to solution

Hive hive.exec.parallel property

Contributor

Hi.

What conf file has hive.exec.parallel property set ?

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hive hive.exec.parallel property

Champion
The configuration file it is set in is hive-site.xml. CM provides Advance Configuration snippets where this can be added. The trick is getting it in the right one. I don't know for sure as I haven't tested it. The settings would apply to the specific jobs being launched through Hive. I would think that at a minimum you needed it on the Gateway and also the HiveServer2. You could play it safe and filter by Advance and then search for hive-site.xml in CM and then add it to all ACS.
2 REPLIES 2

Champion
The configuration file it is set in is hive-site.xml. CM provides Advance Configuration snippets where this can be added. The trick is getting it in the right one. I don't know for sure as I haven't tested it. The settings would apply to the specific jobs being launched through Hive. I would think that at a minimum you needed it on the Gateway and also the HiveServer2. You could play it safe and filter by Advance and then search for hive-site.xml in CM and then add it to all ACS.

Contributor

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here