Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive hive.prewarm.enabled property

Hello.

Anyone knows in what file i may update hive.prewarm.enabled property ?

I've checked hive-site.xml and that property does not exist.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion

@MasterOfPuppets

When you configure Hive, hive-site.xml will be updated with default property. So you can customize hive-site.xml by adding addional property.

Instead of directly updating hive-site.xml, i would recommend you to update via CM. You can follow the below steps

CM -> Hive -> Configuration -> Advanced Category -> search for snippet -> It will show you option to add additional property.

Press + button, Name = "hive.prewarm.enabled" and value to be "true" to enable it
Press ? button, to know more about each property

Thanks

Kumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Champion

@MasterOfPuppets

When you configure Hive, hive-site.xml will be updated with default property. So you can customize hive-site.xml by adding addional property.

Instead of directly updating hive-site.xml, i would recommend you to update via CM. You can follow the below steps

CM -> Hive -> Configuration -> Advanced Category -> search for snippet -> It will show you option to add additional property.

Press + button, Name = "hive.prewarm.enabled" and value to be "true" to enable it
Press ? button, to know more about each property

Thanks

Kumar

Thanks for the feedback..This is exactly what i was looking for.

Cloudera Employee

You can try setting it in Hive service's configuration page. Search for 'Hive Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hive-site.xml' and add an entry for this. Then you might probably want to restart Hive service.

I've set-up hive.prewarm.enabled=true   and it did not improve the slow latency to start and initialize executors.

It still takes about 15seconds to initialize things. Any idea ?