Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive hive.prewarm.enabled property

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Hive hive.prewarm.enabled property

Contributor

Hello.

Anyone knows in what file i may update hive.prewarm.enabled property ?

I've checked hive-site.xml and that property does not exist.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hive hive.prewarm.enabled property

Champion

@MasterOfPuppets

When you configure Hive, hive-site.xml will be updated with default property. So you can customize hive-site.xml by adding addional property.

Instead of directly updating hive-site.xml, i would recommend you to update via CM. You can follow the below steps

CM -> Hive -> Configuration -> Advanced Category -> search for snippet -> It will show you option to add additional property.

Press + button, Name = "hive.prewarm.enabled" and value to be "true" to enable it
Press ? button, to know more about each property

Thanks

Kumar

4 REPLIES 4

Champion

@MasterOfPuppets

When you configure Hive, hive-site.xml will be updated with default property. So you can customize hive-site.xml by adding addional property.

Instead of directly updating hive-site.xml, i would recommend you to update via CM. You can follow the below steps

CM -> Hive -> Configuration -> Advanced Category -> search for snippet -> It will show you option to add additional property.

Press + button, Name = "hive.prewarm.enabled" and value to be "true" to enable it
Press ? button, to know more about each property

Thanks

Kumar

Contributor

Thanks for the feedback..This is exactly what i was looking for.

Cloudera Employee

You can try setting it in Hive service's configuration page. Search for 'Hive Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hive-site.xml' and add an entry for this. Then you might probably want to restart Hive service.

Contributor

I've set-up hive.prewarm.enabled=true   and it did not improve the slow latency to start and initialize executors.

It still takes about 15seconds to initialize things. Any idea ?