Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive metastore is unable to restart in cloudbreak new cluster

Hive metastore is unable to restart in cloudbreak new cluster

New Contributor

I have a cluster provisioned via cloudbreak at hdp 2.6.5 , i am adding a new cluster at 3.1.0 hdp but my metastore, hiveserver2 are failing to start with following errors:

hivemetastore -

0: jdbc:postgresql://dpcb-cloudbreak-db-prod.> CREATE TABLE "BUCKETING_COLS" ( " SD_ID" bigint NOT NULL, "BUCKET_COL_NAME" character varying(256) DEFAULT NULL::c haracter varying, "INTEGER_IDX" bigint NOT NULL ) Error: ERROR: relation "BUCKETING_COLS" already exists (state=42P07,code=0) Closing: 0: jdbc:postgresql://dpcb-cloudbreak-db-prod.c71clklfxr8a.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/hive

hiveinteractive server - unable to connect to metastore which is i think due to above

is it that we cannot have two hdp versions running in cloudbreak and using the same external hive db

any pointers will be really helpful , stuck for long time

cloudbreak version: 2.9.0

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Hive metastore is unable to restart in cloudbreak new cluster

Cloudera Employee

Hi @navdeep agarwal

Regarding the error you mentioned, it seems you are trying to use the same database for both clusters, I think Ambari need a different, empty database on the existing database instance (as I see it is an AWS RDS instance) for new cluster.

Have you tried to use a different database for your hdp 3.1 cluster?

Re: Hive metastore is unable to restart in cloudbreak new cluster

New Contributor

correct ! i guess hive of new version needs new database or you need to upgrade the database for the version , thanks for confirming.