Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive upload error: waiting for insertion of rows from temporary table

Hive upload error: waiting for insertion of rows from temporary table

New Contributor

Hello community,

I try to upload csv files to Hive using the ambari upload functionality and although the file preview is fine and the upload process starts nice, and the first 3 steps are completed with success, it freezes at upload error: waiting for insertion of rows from temporary table to actual table...

I left it overnight and nothing happened... The final status remains undefined (from servername:8088/cluster)

Interesting I do not get any errors, warnings from Hive...

In Hive I get only the new table but without data. Sometimes I can also see the temp table with data.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Hive upload error: waiting for insertion of rows from temporary table

You need to add and see log details whats happening internally or any error while execution

log location would be /var/log/hive/

New Contributor

thanx Mukesh, is there a way to see the log from ambari? or a web browser? I do not have credentials for a linux terminal...

You can see log from RM UI at yourhostname:8088/cluster and at History server yourhostname:8188/applicationhistory.

In addition to that if you have Hue web interface could also helpful

New Contributor

thanx

I get : waiting for AM container to be allocated, launched and register with RM

Mentor

How big are the files? It's best to use hdfs CLI to upload the files.

New Contributor

they are actually very small test files 10-30 rows and 2-10 columns.

I can save them in HDFS and then create a table in hive and load the data from HDFS, but in this case it works but my string data are inside " " (as in the original csv) ... and thus there is a need to clean them afterwards. In contrast, when I use Ambari to upload a table, the wizard removes them automatically ...

New Contributor

Because of your help, i am able to see application history. But what to with the pop up that's on my screen and stuck. How to remove it? @Mukesh Kumar

Getting the same error..I am now able to see history but help me with getting stuck with the popup. @MukeshKumar

New Contributor

Hi encountering the same problem, did you found out how to resolve it? Would be of great help, thanks in advance!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here