Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive view in HDP3

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I am wondering how we can create Hive view in HDP3. It used to be in HDP2.6 but in the new version i cannot find it.

Please advise.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Sanaz Janbakhsh

According to numerous official posts, unfortunately, Ambari views have been dropped but there is a new tool in the pipeline to replace Ambari views and HUE nevertheless you can have a standalone HUE server 🙂
The nearest you can get it using the

HDFS-->NameNodeUI-->Utilities-->Browse the file system

And from there you can upload and browse but unfortunately not execute any queries or view tables 🙂

HTH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Sanaz Janbakhsh

According to numerous official posts, unfortunately, Ambari views have been dropped but there is a new tool in the pipeline to replace Ambari views and HUE nevertheless you can have a standalone HUE server 🙂
The nearest you can get it using the

HDFS-->NameNodeUI-->Utilities-->Browse the file system

And from there you can upload and browse but unfortunately not execute any queries or view tables 🙂

HTH

Expert Contributor

Thanks alot.

So that means everything in hive will be done via command line?

During the upgrade i exported all the ddl scripts for hive. should i run them from the command line? following the below post?

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP3/HDP-3.0.0/starting-hive/content/hive_start_a_command_l...

Thanks,

SJ

Master Mentor

@Sanaz Janbakhsh

Yes that should bring back the SQL guru in you 🙂 The is also new Zeppelin 0.8.0 which has new futures I haven't explored.

@Sanaz Janbakhsh Hive CLI is deprecated. We suggest using beeline. There is work being done on a more robust SQL IDE that provides significantly more functionality than the Hive view.

Expert Contributor

Thanks,

Since by default Tez replaces Mapreduces in this version as the default hive execution engine, I am wondering how we can convert the current hive scripts?

Would you please advise me on that?

SJ