Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hortonworks HDP minimum hardware for installing all components for pilot

Hortonworks HDP minimum hardware for installing all components for pilot

New Contributor

I have already seen the Hortonworks documentation for HDP where it talks about what the minimum system configuration needed for pilot installation is. However, they only talk about using starting with "Hadoop or HBase". It is not clear as to what is the minimum configuration required for installing all the components of HDP for a pilot, say for someone who is just trying to install & try out hortonworks and its service. Is there any guidance on this regard? Just to have all the components installed and running at the same time. Would the hardware suggested for the pilot in the cluster planning document suffice? Although I would not be needing the amount of disk suggested there. I am just going to go with around 1 TB in total. This environment that I am creating is only for my personal use and exploration. I do not intend to have any high load activities on this setup.