Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hortonworks HDPCA Practice Exam V3 Task.

New Contributor

When I try to do HDPCA practicing exam v3 on AWS using c3.4xlarge, Falcon and Atlas services are in maintainance mode. The Task is "start all of the installed services on the cluster if they are not currently running". Shall we need to "Turn Off Maintainace mode" and start the Falcon and Atlas Services? Is it really needed to start the services in that task?

When i tried to "turn off maintainance mode" and start the services, Falcon service running properly without any issue. Atlas Metadata server is starting without any issue and then immediately stopped. I tried to resolve the issue in many ways. But unable to do that. It is giving alerts.

47423-screenshot-52.png

47424-screenshot-53.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Rajesh K

There is no harm in starting up both the services and turning off maintenance mode.

Regarding your atlas service crashing everytime after startup, it could indicate multiple problems.

The most common one could be an out of memory error.

Could you check the logs and share the error stack trace ?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Rajesh K

There is no harm in starting up both the services and turning off maintenance mode.

Regarding your atlas service crashing everytime after startup, it could indicate multiple problems.

The most common one could be an out of memory error.

Could you check the logs and share the error stack trace ?