Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hortonworks Sandbox not found in Azure Marketplace

Hortonworks Sandbox not found in Azure Marketplace

New Contributor

I'm trying to install Hortonworks Sandbox in Azure. I'm following these instructions:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/deploying-hortonworks-sandbox-on-microsoft-azure/

However, when I click Create in the marketplace, it brings me to the Azure portal. When I search for Hortonworks Sandbox in the Marketplace in the portal, it is not found. Any help would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Hortonworks Sandbox not found in Azure Marketplace

@Tom Landeis

There is an issue related to unsecured ports being publicly available causing a security vulnerability. Hortonworks is working with Microsoft to address the default deployment configurations to address the vulnerability. This is a configuration issue and not a product flaw.

The Hortonworks images have been temporarily removed from the Azure Marketplace until these configuration issues are resolved.

New Contributor

Ok, thanks. Any idea how long it will be?

New Contributor

Tom, do you have an estimate as to when the Azure sandbox will again be available from the marketplace? I am teaching a university class where this is the option for gaining some experience with HDP.

New Contributor

Hi @Michael Young,

I am having similar issue and it's important for us to have this available in Azure soon from business perspective.

Could you give a timeline on how long it'll take please?

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi Team, The sandbox was removed from Marketplace because of the unsecured ports. Hortonworks has corrected this and we are working with the MS Security Team to get it deployed. Fair warning, deployment of SandBox to the Azure Marketplace can take up to 3 Business Days. We will keep you posted. Apologize for the inconvenience.

New Contributor

Hi @mvasantha, can you give us an update on this please. It's been 3 days and we still can't see it in Marketplace. Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi..Any update on the fix, still couldn't see sandbox in Marketplace.

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I can see the sandbox now in Azure but after completing the deployment when I visit to <myIP>:8888 it doesn't work.

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/deploying-hortonworks-sandbox-on-microsoft-azure/

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

New Contributor

This is the error message I get: The portal is having issues getting authentication tokens for Microsoft_Azure_Compute, HubsExtension, fx.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here