Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hortonworks sandbox 2.4 root password does not work

New Contributor

Trying to login from putty and when I use the root and password of hadoop it does not work. Running HDP 2.4 sandbox on Azure and when I used Putto to host:4200, and try to login in as root, the password "hadoop" does not work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Donna Suddeth, for azure, the ssh password is set by you when configuring the offering in the azure market place. In addition, port 4200 is actually for the web browser based ssh. To use your own ssh client and connect to your azure offering, it should be the default port 22.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Super Guru

Master Guru

@Donna Suddeth it is the password you set during the launch of the vm.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Donna Suddeth, for azure, the ssh password is set by you when configuring the offering in the azure market place. In addition, port 4200 is actually for the web browser based ssh. To use your own ssh client and connect to your azure offering, it should be the default port 22.

New Contributor

Neither the root/password suggested in the screen, nor the User/password combination when the VM is created in Azure works with either PuTTY or the browser based shell. I have tried all combinations, even to the extent of creating a new VM. The port or access method is immaterial, it simply does not work.

New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem deploy a VM on Azure. The root password does not work for either "hadoop" or the password configured when the VM is created. I can logon to the SSH session in PuTTY using the user/password configured during the VM spin-up. This does NOT have the admin rights needed to run the tutorials. The Ambari user/password combination of "admin"/"admin" does not work either. I have tried the suggestions but nothing works.

New Contributor

Thanks all - I am working well now.

Super Guru

@Donna Suddeth can you please accept best answer to close this thread. Thanks

New Contributor

and what was the solution?????

Community Manager

@jpcastillo2, as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: