I have migrated metrics collector data and changed metrics collector embedded mode to distributed for that I referred
link . There are no errors in logs. Everything seems to be fine except I cannot see Ambari Metrics and Hosts Metrics. Attached the screenshot.
Which version of ambari is it? Please run the following command on few hosts including the collectos hosts to findout if the ambari server and ams binary versions are same.
# rpm -qa | grep ambari
- Can you please check if you have the ambari-metrics monitors are pointing to correct hosts?
# grep 'metrics_servers' /etc/ambari-metrics-monitor/conf/metric_monitor.ini # grep 'port' /etc/ambari-metrics-monitor/conf/metric_monitor.ini
- Is that Host name correct and reachable from other hosts? Also are you able to do telnet to the AMS collector host & ports from monitor machines?
# nc -v $AMS_COLLECTOR_HOSTNAME 6188 (OR) # telnet $AMS_COLLECTOR_HOSTNAME 6188
4. Have you recently performed Ambari Server Upgrade? If yes then have you also operformed the Ambari Metrics Service Upgrade (Post Upgrade Steps as well?) https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-22.214.171.124/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/upgrade_ambari_me...
5. Can you please share the metrics monitor logs from the hosts which does not show host metrics?
6. If possible then can you also share the AMS collector logs (although you mentioend that there are no errors ... it will be good to review it if there are some strange warnings).
Please find the requested details
1. ambari server and ams binary versions
$ rpm -qa | grep ambari
2. ambari-metrics monitors are pointing to correct servers
metrics_servers = ics024045196.ics-eu-1.asml.com,ics024045188.ics-eu-1.asml.com
3. $ nc -v ics024045188.ics-eu-1.asml.com 6188
Ncat: Version 6.40 ( http://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Connected to 172.24.45.188:6188.
$ telnet ics024045188.ics-eu-1.asml.com 6188
Connected to ics024045188.ics-eu-1.asml.com.
4. No, I didnt upgarded amabri metrics
5. ambari-monitor logs
2017-11-22 11:24:04,908 [INFO] host_info.py:352 - Cached hostname: ics024045188.ics-eu-1.asml.com
Can you attach the below logs
Step-by-step guide to resolve AMS
Hope that help please revert