Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hosts not listed anymore after Ambari upgrade to 2.4.1

Rising Star

Hello,

After an upgrade to the version HDP 2.4 with Ambari 2.4.1, we are unable to see the list of hosts managed by the cluster on the Hosts tab.

is there any way to enable/register again hosts in that view ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

LC

8666-hostlist.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hello,

We have finally re-installed the cluster (HDP 2.4 + Ambari 2.4.1), and the hosts are Ok now.

Rgds

Laurent

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Master Mentor
@Laurent lau

can you go to the ambari database and confirm the hosts are still in the hosts table? Are you sure you did an upgrade of the correct ambari-server and in that case did you not run reset command?

Rising Star

Hello @Artem Ervits

The hosts are presents in the Host table, and we can definitely see them via a curl command.

It looks like the issue resides on the generation of the Web page.

No, we didn't execute the reset command.

rgds

Laurent

Master Mentor

@Laurent lau can you do a hard reset of the browser to clear the cache "ctrl-shift-R" and try again? If not, try another browser. This may be a bug. Please paste the console messages from browser if everything continues to fail.

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits

The problem is not only visible from my PC, but also from all the Ambari users; it's not related to the browser.

When accessing the "Host tab", the Web console log output mentions this error :

{

"status" : 400,
  "message" : "The properties [Hosts/rack_i…nts/logging] specified in the request or predicate are not supported for the resource type Host."
}

...while trying to issue the following request :

http://<ambari_server>:8080/api/v1/clusters/OCP_prod/hosts?fields=Hosts/rack_i%E2%80%A6nts/logging&p...>:8080/api/v1/clusters/OCP_prod/hosts?fields=Hosts/rack_i%E2%80%A6nts/logging&page_size=25&from=0&sortBy=Hosts/host_name.asc&_=1477464892288%20500

Is it related to the "rack-aware" configuration of our cluster ?....because if I issue the request :

http://:8080/api/v1/clusters/OCP_prod/hosts?fields=Hosts>:8080/api/v1/clusters/OCP_prod/hosts?fields=Hosts

... it works fine. So the hosts are correctly seen in the database.

Rgds

Laurent

Expert Contributor

@Laurent lau

Did you also update your ambari-agents to the latest version same as Ambari Server? if not please do that, if yes then stop Ambari Server and Ambari Agents and then start these services again and also make sure that the hostnames and the corresponding IP Adderesses didn't change.

Thanks

Venkat

Rising Star

Venkat,

The Ambari agents have also been upgraded.

As I said earlier, The hosts table seems Ok, Ambari server is able to manage the hosts (for instance, adding new services) , it's just this Web page which doesn't list the hosts !!?

Is there any solution for this issue?

I recently upgraded my Hadoop

Ambari 2.2.0.0. to 2.4.2.0

and HDP-2.3.4.0-3485 to 2.5.0.0

My Ambari server and agents are updared with latest version and version matches

Both Hosts and Version information are not displayed

Master Mentor

@Laurent lau I had engineering look at this behavior, it is best if you could open a case as we need a lot of information from you.

Rising Star

Hello,

We have finally re-installed the cluster (HDP 2.4 + Ambari 2.4.1), and the hosts are Ok now.

Rgds

Laurent