Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How I can check status processor (for example PutHiveStreaming ) and send this information another processor?

Contributor

puthivestreaming.png I mean only metadata(attributes) without flow files with data.

My Example in puthivestreaming.png, after done processor PutHiveStreaming all flowfiles (with data) send to SelectHiveQL .

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

The PutHiveStreaming processor has an attribute hivestreaming.record.count which may be helpful.

Contributor

Hello! Do you mean use processor ScanAttribute or LogAttribute for to delete superfluous data ? But into LogAttribute processor also send all data, example in LogAttribute.png .

Super Collaborator

Don't worry about the data. It is not copied everywhere unless you need to change it. The data is actually a pass by reference. When a flow file is passed from one processor to another, the upstream processor passes a reference (to flowfile in content repository) to the second processor. Unless you need to modify the content, make a write etc, there isn't a data movement.

Contributor

Super Guru

If you'd like to replace the content with a JSON object containing the attributes, you can use AttributesToJSON for that. If you'd just like to remove the content, you should be able to use ReplaceText with an empty replacement value or perhaps the expression ${literal('')}

Contributor

Hello!

Thanks you very match !