Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How I can connect Spark Thrift Server with NodeJS ?

How I can connect Spark Thrift Server with NodeJS ?

New Contributor

Server is running on localhost:3000 { [Error: Error running static method java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/thrift/transport/TTransportException at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:208) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ... 7 more ] cause: nodeJava_java_lang_NoClassDefFoundError {} }

1 REPLY 1

Re: How I can connect Spark Thrift Server with NodeJS ?

New Contributor

Hi @atifmerghad ! Can you provide the code of how you connect to the Hive? Have you chance to try hive-driver for connection?

Also, you may look at the hive log, usually, it stores at /tmp/<username>/hive.log