Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How To Connect Mysql and Sync to Ambari Server

Highlighted

How To Connect Mysql and Sync to Ambari Server

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How To Connect Mysql and Sync to Ambari Server

Expert Contributor
@sarfarazkhan pathan

please elaborate more on the problem you are facing

Mentor

@sarfarazkhan pathan

Ambari by defalt use the derby database, which is NOT recommended for production. If I understand your question well YES you can set ambaari to use MySQL as its backend database to successfully implement that see the attached docset-up-mysql-for-ambari.pdf.

Let me know if that was of help

Rising Star

Hi,

Just a slight correction to the comment above:

The default Ambari Database is PostgreSQL, per the documentation:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_set_up_the_a...

Hope this helps.

Please provide more information on what you are trying to do.

Contributor

while starting ambari my default db initialy starts but after few seconds Ambari gets stop due to icompatible db scehma version. Thats the reason m trying install mysql and and point ambari to mysql and start ambari server that i can install hadoop components further

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I was having a problem connecting HIVE so I did that step above. then now I am gettin this error:

12 Apr 2016 11:05:49,817 ERROR [main] DBAccessorImpl:102 - Error while creating database accessor java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Does anyone know what that could be? I check my database and the user and password are ok.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here