Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How can I enable the Data Browsers tab in Hue? I can't see it by default installation.

How can I enable the Data Browsers tab in Hue? I can't see it by default installation.

New Contributor
I installed Cloudera Manager (5.11) and its CDH Cluster (5.11) using automated installation (Path A). I tried to follow this link to create table using file in s3:

But it requires Data Browsers tab. In my Cloudera Manager 5.11 (CDH 5.11) setup, when I go to Hue (with WebHDFS enabled in HDFS), I don't see the Data Browsers tab. How can I enable the Data Browsers tab?

My current services in my CDH 5.11 parcel cluster contains: HDFS, Hive, Hue, ​Oozie, S3 Connector, Spark 2, YARN, ZookKeeper.

​Thanks,
Grant 
1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I enable the Data Browsers tab in Hue? I can't see it by default installation.

Champion
You need to have access to that module. Are you in a group that does? The Permission is metadata_access. You will need user admin access to view the groups and permissions.

If you are in the correct group but it still doesn't show up the module itself may be blacklisted. Check your HUE configuration for the app_blacklist setting in the desktop section.