Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How can I start services that failed to start during ambari wizard "Install, Start, and Test" step?

Highlighted

How can I start services that failed to start during ambari wizard "Install, Start, and Test" step?

New Contributor

I am making a cluster, and am in the last step of ambari wizard.

It seems that installing services has been finished.

The progress bar reached 100%, but I have some warnings.

Oozie server start failed because of a symlink loop, so I fixed that.(I wonder why it emits a warning, not a failure.)

Other than oozie server start, some more service starts were aborted.

But there isn't "retry" button.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I start services that failed to start during ambari wizard "Install, Start, and Test" step?

@sipocootap Sometimes during the wizard’s last few startups one fails and throws warning for the rest in the list.  It never actually tried to start them.  Once you get back to the dashboard you can go to each one and start or restart them manually.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here