Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How can I use FTP-Client(host) connection to upload my csv-files to the HDP - 2.4 sandbox?

How can I use FTP-Client(host) connection to upload my csv-files to the HDP - 2.4 sandbox?

New Contributor

I like to use a FTP-Client to load files into the HDFS in the sandbox to learn using HDP with my own datafiles (.csv-files).

How to I configure fillezilla to connect to the HDP sandbox to be able to load my files directly into HDFS?

I am using virtualbox on windows 8.1 .

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How can I use FTP-Client(host) connection to upload my csv-files to the HDP - 2.4 sandbox?

Rising Star

@Lukas Ott I'm personally not aware of any client solution that does this... but you could try this...

http://hadoop101.blogspot.cl/2011/12/ftp-to-hdfs.html

Re: How can I use FTP-Client(host) connection to upload my csv-files to the HDP - 2.4 sandbox?

New Contributor

My challenge is more based on what kind of hostname and ports I need to open/set in a tool like filezilla, because the connection fails.

Rising Star

Hi @Lukas Ott would there is a File Browser view which allows to upload files, would that help?

Regards,

Robert

New Contributor

I already used Ambari HDFS View to Upload Files but I like to upload more than one file at a time (I have more than 150 csv files I like to transformate and do actions in Pyspark)..So I was looking for an FTP Option to upload them a lot easier than just one by one