Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How can we Enable more Logging in HiveMetaStore log - HDP 2.5 - libthrift-0.9.3.jar : Keroberized cluster

How can we Enable more Logging in HiveMetaStore log - HDP 2.5 - libthrift-0.9.3.jar : Keroberized cluster

Contributor

Hi good morning,

I saw the following error in Hive Meta store in a Kerborized Cluster after I set logging level to Debug. I am submitting a sqoop action using oozie workflow. The sqoop job executes fine if I submit from edge node with sqoop command. I am trying to understand little bit more information by compiling libthrift code and adding more logging information to find the root cause of the failure as several of my attempts fail to fix the problem. I compiled the code using ant build and replaced libthrift-0.9.3.jar with new one by adding few more debug statements in the code in TSaslServerTransport.java for example I added additional debug statement at the same location where the following message is appearing

transport.TSaslServerTransport (TSaslServerTransport.java:getTransport(213)) - transport map does not contain key

I replaced this libthrift-0.9.3.jar in hive, hive2, oozie and share lib of oozie for Hive, Hive2 on all nodes. still I am seeing the old logging statement. I restarted Hive, Oozie, HDFS, yarn services.

2016-10-02 03:28:59,065 DEBUG [pool-7-thread-11]: transport.TSaslServerTransport (TSaslServerTransport.java:getTransport(218)) - failed to open server transport

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Invalid status -128

can anyone help what am I doing wrong.

thank you for your help

thanks

ram

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How can we Enable more Logging in HiveMetaStore log - HDP 2.5 - libthrift-0.9.3.jar : Keroberized cluster

@Ramakrishna Pratapa On my experience I've seen this error caused by missing hive-site.xml reference on the oozie action. Try adding file tag on the sqoop action it should fix the problem.

Save the hive-site.xml on the hdfs and reference from the sqoop action file tag:

<file>${nameNode}/user/${wf:user()}/${appRoot}/env/${cluster}/hive-site.xml#hive-site.xml</file>

Also see: https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/59556/oozie-sqoop-hcatalog-least-known-errors-and-...

Re: How can we Enable more Logging in HiveMetaStore log - HDP 2.5 - libthrift-0.9.3.jar : Keroberized cluster

Contributor

Good morning, Thank you for the quick reply. I used the following

<file>/user/myuser/Application/oozie/lib/hive-oozie-site.xml</file>

sqoop action file tag and it did not work and still was seeing same error. Please check the following link where I have posted all my various test or configurations along with Logging information in my original problem post

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/57578/oozie-sqoop-action-fails-in-kerberized-cluster.htm...

Any help is really appreciated or any pointers in understanding the issue will help to move to next step.

thank you for your help

Ram