Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do I add Informix JDBC driver to sqoop in hortonworks Sandbox?

Highlighted

How do I add Informix JDBC driver to sqoop in hortonworks Sandbox?

Explorer

I am getting error while connecting Informix database via sqoop ,

No manager for string jdbc:informix-sqli://host:1534/fms:informixserver=cchsup

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: How do I add Informix JDBC driver to sqoop in hortonworks Sandbox?

Super Guru

@Kanchan Khandekar is your driver in /var/lib/sqoop/ ? Also it needs to be install on node where you are running sqoop from. since you are on sandbox it is same machine.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

You'll need to get the Informix JDBC .jar from your installation and place it under $SQOOP_HOME/lib (this should be /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/ on a recent sandbox).

Or you can download the JDBC from https://www-01.ibm.com/marketing/iwm/tnd/search.jsp?go=y&rs=ifxjdbc

Highlighted

Explorer
@Alexandru Anghel

Thank you so much for providing above information, i able to reach to sqoop lib folder, i can see here various jar files are present. I am very new to sandbox use, i have informix drivers jar file with my local machine, how can i copy this jar to lib folder of sqoop in sandbox.

This will be very grateful help!!!

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

No worries.

You could copy just as you'd copy any other files. If your local machine is Linux then use the scp command, if it's Windows, then use the winscp utility. The IP address to use is the IP address that was assigned to the sandbox, you can type 'ip a' in the sandbox to get this information.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thank you so much for much needed help, i am able to load jar to sqoop lib directory.

Now i am executing sqoop import command, it's giving me some kind of error, but it's showing very few part on screen, i am not able to scroll up to see full error , how to do that.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

I might need more information, such as how do you connect to the sandbox, is ssh/putty or the console of the virtualization software, and which software is that? (most of the time it should work with with SHIFT + Page Up/Page Down)

Alternatively you could pipe the sqoop command into a less and use the arrow buttons: sqoop ... | less

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here