Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do I get the CPU, Network, Storage and Memory Usage for an Impala Query?

How do I get the CPU, Network, Storage and Memory Usage for an Impala Query?

Explorer

Hello,

I am executing an Impala Query. How Do I Know that the particular Impala Query uses how much cpu, storage, network and memory? Is there any API which provides the above Information?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How do I get the CPU, Network, Storage and Memory Usage for an Impala Query?

Champion

@ssankarau

If you have access to Cloudera Manager, go to CM -> Clusters -> Impala queries to see the resource usage by query.

You can also use http://hostname:25010 to get some information.

Note: hostname name where impala catalog server configured

Highlighted

Re: How do I get the CPU, Network, Storage and Memory Usage for an Impala Query?

Explorer

@saranvis , I knew that I am able get the CPU utilized time  out of the total time  taken for query. 

But What I want is how much cpu utilized out of its core. 

For example, an Impala Query takes 10s to execute a query, out of the 10s CPU took 8 sec and N/w send/receive & storage took 2 sec. 

Here I am getting the 80% (8/10*100) is the CPU Utilized Time and 20% for others(network/storage). I am not getting the resource usage may be 1.2% of CPU Used for executing this query. 

Or is there any other way I can calcluate the usage?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here