Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How do I make my ports work?

Explorer

Hi Hortonsworks Community,

I just downloaded Hortonworks sandbox wih HDP 2.4. There is only a few ports which are working. Like :8888 and :8080 and :4200. All the other ports are not working. They give me an error saying: This site can't be reached. Can anybody help me? I want to start utilizing Hortonworks sandbox, but this really limits my possibilities.

I am new to hadoop and hortonworks sandbox, so I might want an elaboration on your solution to fully comprehend what to do.

I have Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.4 deployed from Azure!

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: How do I make my ports work?

Hi @Martin Mouridsen,

If you are using Virtual Box, on your VM, in Settings / Network (advanced) / Port forwarding, you can see all the ports:

6771-screen-shot-2016-08-18-at-11300-pm.png

As you can see, there are lots of ports you should be able to use. What are you trying to access?

Explorer

Hi 🙂 I am using Azure, where I downloaded Hortonworks Sandbox and from where I deployed it. In particular I am trying to access ports to Flume and Rstudio.

Explorer

Well I have no deny policies. They are the default policies for the network security group you create along with Hortonworks Sandbox. I can attach a screenshot in case.

@Martin Mouridsen

Are you saying that you have Allow All in your Azure instance? If you don't have that, even if you don't have Deny, it does not mean you allow access to specific ports. Could you share your instance public IP? I can check what you have open.

@Martin Mouridsen

Make sure you have iptables and selinux disabled.

If you are looking for NAT of ports then you need to modify Virtual Box settings -> Network-> Ports

Explorer

Unfortunately I deployed it from Azure.

@Martin Mouridsen

From where you attempt to access the sandbox? Are you saying that you have an Azure instance where you downloaded the sandbox. Are you trying to access the sandbox while you are logged-into the instance and have sandbox running locally, or you are trying to access the sandbox from your local laptop/desktop?

Explorer

@Constantin Stanca I am not sure what you mean. I can provide my IP.