Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do I modify the Hue Web UI link in the Cloudera Manager?

New Contributor

Hello 

I want to change the url in the Cloudera Manager Hue Web UI.

Thanks~

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I modify the Hue Web UI link in the Cloudera Manager?

Super Guru

Hi @seungwoo ,

I think you are referring to this link, then it is derived automatically by Cloudera Manager based on the Role's host and configuration:

Status_-_Hue_-_Cloudera_Manager.png

It is not configurable.

Is there something specific that you need to do that prompted the question?  Perhaps we can offer suggestions or alternatives.

Regards,

Ben

New Contributor

Hi @bgooley 

Thanks for the reply.

I have applied Hue TLS and because the certificate is domain based, I want to change it so that it can access the valid URL when accessing the Hue Web UI.

Super Guru

@Dominic_kim ,

You could do a few things including:

- Nothing.  You should be able to explicity make an exception in the broswer to trust the server certificate even though the host name does not match.  Trust the cert in the browser and remember the decision... that should allow you to use TLS with Hue on your client.

- Adding Subject Alt Name with host on the CM url (requires recreating the certificate with SAN configured)

- Add the Hue hostname to your local host's "hosts" file.

If your host can resolve the hostname in the UI to the IP address you are using outside the cluster, then TLS hostname checking can still work.

Ben