Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do I update the HDP cluster with a new Blueprint (I have a cluster that was created with BP and I want to update it with another BP, I have export the BP and changed the BP , register the updated one , but how can I deploy it or trigger it)?

How do I update the HDP cluster with a new Blueprint (I have a cluster that was created with BP and I want to update it with another BP, I have export the BP and changed the BP , register the updated one , but how can I deploy it or trigger it)?

New Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How do I update the HDP cluster with a new Blueprint (I have a cluster that was created with BP and I want to update it with another BP, I have export the BP and changed the BP , register the updated one , but how can I deploy it or trigger it)?

That would be a good enhancement...

I don't think you can update an existing cluster by posting a new blueprint in same Ambari.
You would need to rebuild your cluster.

Re: How do I update the HDP cluster with a new Blueprint (I have a cluster that was created with BP and I want to update it with another BP, I have export the BP and changed the BP , register the updated one , but how can I deploy it or trigger it)?

Mentor

@Simon Sh

You can update (ADD/DELETE) components using curl but then you will have to download the blueprint with the GET to have an updated version of the deployed cluster.

I blueprint is used when setting up a new cluster not update an existing one .

New Contributor

@Hajime

OK, Thanks, Can I update a BP parameters like for example cores , heap size and etc... (multi parameters at once, after doing some performance check for example) with REST API and how do I deploy it?

Mentor

@Simon Sh

I dont think that is feasible. You can stop the components through Ambari UI add the parameters. And once you have restarted successfully the re-configured components then you can download the new blueprint which you can use to rebuild the cluster or a new one.

Blueprint don't can't be used to update an existing cluster.

Hope that answers your question

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi, Can I modify several existing parameters via json file?

If you are trying to update some specific config of an exisiting cluster without using Web UI, Ambari has APIs and configs.sh (or .py) script: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Modify+configurations

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here