Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

Highlighted

Re: How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

I am trying to connect from a server in AWS in one security group to server in AWS which is in another security group.

I am using public FQDN in phoenix jdbc url and I opened corresponding port in AWS.

-->i am able to ping and telnet with port i am using to corresponding host which i am connecting to .

Highlighted

Re: How do i connect to Phoenix query server using JDBC from server in another network

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

Thanks for the clarification, in AWS the servers should have a common security group. You can not use the same Security Group for multiple VPC it's specific to a single VPC.

However, you can copy a Security Group to create a new Security Group with the same rules in another VPC for the same AWS Account.

HTH

Highlighted

Both the servers are in different security groups and VPC's.

Highlighted

Mentor

@Teja sai tarun

Any updates?

Highlighted

No still working on it.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here