Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How long does it take to get a license renewed?

Highlighted

How long does it take to get a license renewed?

Explorer

I am working on a project in a closed environment for a partner vendor. 

Our license expires in 8 days. We paid for the license 6 weeks ago. 

Our partner has inquired about the license. 

Our customer knows their license is going to expire. 

Does anyone know whether it is typical to: 

1. Pay for an enterprise license

2. Wait 6 weeks

3. Still have no license?

Is this normal?

We cannot just click on a button and download a license file from the internet. 

If our license expires, our solution will break, and our very large customer will be unhappy. 

So, just wondering whether it is typical to wait until the license is about to expire to deliver the new key, even when it was paid weeks prior? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How long does it take to get a license renewed?

Cloudera Employee

Thank you for reaching out to Cloudera Support via our Community. My name is Alex and I'm a member of the Customer Advocacy team.

I can confirm the following 2 very important points:

In accordance with our general policies and procedures, new enterprise license keys are provided to customers on the start date of the renewal/contract in question. Because of this, the expiration of an enterprise license key causes no product impact aside from a banner message in Cloudera Manager. You can be assured that a Cloudera Enterprise cluster will exhibit absolutely no adverse effects due to key expiration.

If you would like to provide me specifics of the customer/partner contract in question, I'll be happy to deliver additional details regarding when the key will be delivered and to whom it will be sent. Please provide me a contact email address and I will respond directly.

Thank you kindly.

Best,

Alex

Re: How long does it take to get a license renewed?

Cloudera Employee

One important point: If the version of the software in use is 6.2, please let me know as I'll have additional license-related information to provide.

Thank you kindly.

Best,

Alex