Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How the Nifi apply the pressure threshold object and Data Size on special connection?

How the Nifi apply the pressure threshold object and Data Size on special connection?

New Contributor

I have ListenWebsocket processor to get data sent from clients. Then forward these data to Site-to-Site (Remote Process Group).

Becuase of many object datas sent from clients, I configured connect from ListenWebsocket to RPG with maximum Object is 1.000.000 object and maximum Data Size is 1GB.

As I understand when the data reach one of maximum configuration on queue. Nifi will apply Pressure Threshold enable and RPG will not receive next flowfile from ListenWebsocket.

However when testing, I see that although queue is red color but the count of flowfile in queue still increase to over 3.000.000 files and 2GB Data Size. But there are data objects transferring to RPG at the same time.

After 30s, when clients stop sending data to ListenWebsocket. All 3.000.000 still be transferred to RPG. I think this is good new for us when Pressure Threshold is applied but there is no data losing.

But I wanna understand why data is not losing and exactly how Nifi apply Pressure Threshold?

Thanks,

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here