Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

How to CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED),3.8 CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED)

Highlighted

How to CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED),3.8 CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED)

Explorer

Encountered "Error while compiling statement FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10002]: Line 2:29 Invalid column reference 'total_hours' [ERROR_STATUS]

I encountered the Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10002]: Line 2:29 Invalid column reference 'total_hours' [ERROR_STATUS]

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED),3.8 CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED)

Expert Contributor

Hi @Hak Tiong Ong,

Can you post the entire script you are running? I'm not seeing where you are referencing total_hours in what you have posted.

Thanks!

John

Highlighted

Re: How to CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED),3.8 CREATE QUERY TO JOIN THE DATA (DRIVERID, NAME, HOURS_LOGGED, MILES_LOGGED)

Explorer

Hi @jwhitmore

Found my mistake miss out the total_hours for the line below, thank you very much.

JOIN (SELECT driverId, sum(hours_logged)total_hours, sum(miles_logged)total_miles FROM timesheet GROUP BY driverId ) t 
Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Excellent! Glad to hear it.