Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to Change the default zookeeper quorum for zookeeper-client in HDP 2.5?

How to Change the default zookeeper quorum for zookeeper-client in HDP 2.5?

New Contributor

Hi guys, I am running zookeeper-client on a node which is not the part of zookeeper quorum. When I am running /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client/bin/zookeeper-client I am getting the below error

INFO [main-SendThread(localhost:2181):ClientCnxn$SendThread@1019] - Opening socket connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)

WARN [main-SendThread(localhost:2181):ClientCnxn$SendThread@1146] - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

which suggests that it is trying to reach out to 127.0.0.1:2181 instead of zookeeper quorum. I understand that I can specify the zookeeper quorum details as a parameter while executing /usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client/bin/zookeeper-client (i tried and it worked),

but is there any configuration file in which I could add those details so that zookeeper-client tries to connect to zk1,zk2,zk3:2181 by default.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to Change the default zookeeper quorum for zookeeper-client in HDP 2.5?

New Contributor

@Jay SenSharma @Ravi Mutyala Request you to help when possible. Thanks

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here