Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to add custom translation (i.e. Polish) to Cloudera Manager? Are there any docs on this topic?

Highlighted

How to add custom translation (i.e. Polish) to Cloudera Manager? Are there any docs on this topic?

New Contributor

Hi,

How to add custom translation to Cloudera Manager? We're using CDH 5.4.5 and need to provide Polish translations for our needs. How do I do that?
There are translation strings on our system (Centos 6.6) in /usr/share/cmf (e.g. message_de.properties), but neither modifying them nor adding new ones makes any difference (restarting the server does not solve the problem).

I would appreciate your help.

T.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to add custom translation (i.e. Polish) to Cloudera Manager? Are there any docs on this top

Cloudera Employee

The browser should be configured to use German as the Language if you want to see changes to message_de.properties.

In general, modifying existing message_*.properties file should work.

Restarting CM server is needed to reflect the change. I just tried this and it should work.

Which version of CM are you using? We haven't changed this for a while.

Adding a new language file, such as message_pl.properties for Polish, is not supported today because internally we only support 7-8 languages, and languages outside that list, we use the English locale instead.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here